The Best No-Bake Granola Recipe
Recently one of my cooking classes focused on Warm Weather Breakfasts, featuring this incredible No-Bake Granola. This recipe is loosely inspired by Lisa over at Vegan Culinary Crusade. She makes a great raw granola of ground oats, nuts, and apricots served as part of a raw parfait. I stuck with those original ingredients and added a little bit of this, a little bit of that. All you need to do is bust out your food processor, no oven needed.
½ cup pitted Medjool dates
1 cup whole raw almonds
½ cup whole oats
½ cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup raisins
⅓ cup almond butter
¼ cup liquid coconut oil
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch sea salt
- Add dates to food processor and pulse to mince (do not over-process). Remove from processor and turn out into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Add almonds to processor and grind to a powder. Add to dates.
- Add oats to processor and grind until fine, add to dates and almonds. Use your fingers to coat the date pieces in oat/almond flour. Add pumpkin seeds and raisins until mixture is combined. Set aside.
- Add almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt to processor and blend until creamy. Pour over granola mixture, and mix with a large spoon to coat.
- Let stand at least an hour for flavors to meld. Serve cold with your favorite non-dairy milk, as a topping for oatmeal, or sprinkled over fresh fruit. Store mixture for up to a week in an airtight container in the fridge.
Yield: 4-5 cups granola