Organic Authority has a list of the world’s most nutrient dense foods! And guess what- it’s all plant-based foods! And we have recipes for all of them!
- Spirulina: a blue green algae that is a great source of minerals and protein. It can be blended into smoothies, dressings, or used in these homemade Larabars.
- Kale: Truly a superfood- vitamins, minerals, protein, fiber, and delicious too! Try in it Super Greens Rolls, salads, or with coconut and quinoa.
- Hemp Seeds: These versatile little seeds are an easily digestible source of vegan protein. Use in granola, oatmeal, on salads. You can also add to energy bars or make into dressing.
- Chocolate: As Organic Authority says, chocolate contains, “minerals, vitamins and tons of antioxidants are great for your heart, skin, and release chemicals in the brain that make you feel like you’re in love.” What could be better? How about homemade superfood chocolates, or just some chocolate cake?
- Broccoli: Related to kale and cabbage, broccoli is one of those cruciferous veggies that sweeps crap out of your system. Try it in Butter-Miso Noodles or simply sauteed with some garlic for a great side dish.
- Spinach: Not quite as awesome as kale, but pretty damn close. Use is salads, nori rolls, soups, or stir-fries. Spinach is a great source of iron and vitamin C, which helps iron absorbsion. Plants are so neat, right?
- Chia Seeds: Oh chia. So weird, and so deliciously nutritious. Omega fatty acids, protein, and a butt-load of fiber (heh). Try in puddings or in drinks, or just sprinkle onto salads and veggies for a little crunch.
- Berries: OA says these little fruits are, “less sugary and full of vital vitamins, minerals and those free-radical avenging antioxidants.” Sounds good right? Try in crumbles, baked oatmeal, and if you are feeling decadent, in coffee cake.
Important Media Network!