Published on July 11th, 2015 | by Andrea Bertoli
Wanderlust Squaw Valley 2015
Wanderlust Squaw Valley awaits us next week at the gorgeous Squaw Valley Resort in Tahoe, California. I’ve been blessed with passes to three previous Wanderlust Oahu events, but this will be my first event on the mainland, and I couldn’t be more excited. My partner and I are looking forward to sleeping under the stars at 8,000ft, dancing with new friends, and practicing yoga with some of the most inspiring teachers on the planet. Wanderlust is truly my happy place, and I can’t wait to revisit.
Wanderlust returns to its festival birthplace, Squaw Valley, California from July 16-19. The four-day retreat in North Lake Tahoe offers yoga enthusiasts, families, foodies and outdoor adventurers the opportunity to experience the ultimate restorative getaway. There’s an amazing lineup of yoga teachers, musicians, meditation instructors and performing artists. Each attendee gets to practice various styles of yoga (at all levels), outdoor activities such as hiking, nature runs, paddle-boarding and biking, and indulge in wine tastings and organic delicacies.
What’s New and Not To Be Missed at Wanderlust Squaw Valley 2015?
- Musical Performances: Get down with live performances featuring the one and only Michael Franti, a DJ set from Thievery Corporation’s Rob Garza, the sheer exuberance of The High and Mighty Brass Band, Trevor Hall’s mix of acoustic rock and reggae, My Brightest Diamond, Mandolin Orange and more.
- Brand New Black Light Venue: This new space adds an extra sensory dimension to classes aimed at expanding horizons both mental and physical. Shine bright by wearing crisp whites or neons!
- Soulscape Classes: This yoga practice led by Gina Caputo and accompanied by our DJs powerful, exclusive playlists is designed to dissolve hardened boundaries and unwind the tension. Classes devoted entirely to the music of Pink Floyd, Beyonce, The Police and Bob Marley are on this year’s roster.
- Musical Hike with Trevor Hall: Walk in the woods accompanied by Trevor Hall to the sounds of his eclectic mix of acoustic rock and reggae.
- TY KU Sake Tastings: On Thursday and Friday late afternoons, sample four types of award winning sake and learn how to craft unique cocktails.
- Speakeasy Talks: Get inspired by our lecture program featuring today’s thought leaders: disruptive social entrepreneur and founder of Change Heroes, Taylor Conroy; wisdom warrior and Love Mob founder Preston Smiles; Kundalini Master Guru Jagat and more.
- Self Massage with Mother Earth: Take a relaxing hike with Christopher Ray and Kate Lewandowski, and learn how to use rocks and other items from the natural world to release aches and pains and encourage muscle release.
- Tribal Body Marking and Movement: Alongside special guest Elana Meta, Amir Magal begins this partner class with exercises that incorporate acro yoga, Capoeira and balancing movements. From there, you’ll learn how to use his special pens and markers to create gorgeous designs on the body—bring your willingness to paint and be painted!
- Yogi Tribe: The last class of the entire event will be an all-out ecstatic celebration. Join MC Yogi, Amanda Giacomini, DJ Drez, and the High & Mighty Brass Band to close the festival. This class will send participants back home feeling refreshed, fully energized, connected and inspired.
If you can’t make it to Squaw, the Wanderlust Festival tour will continue beyond Squaw Valley with stops in Whistler, British Columbia (Canada), July 30-August 3 and Tremblant, Quebec (Canada), August 20-23. Learn more and get tickets and lodging at Wanderlust.
mountain top, hula hoops, sunset (featured) by Christen Vidanoviv for Wanderlust Festival; mountain top meditation, sunrise salutation by Ali Kaukas for Wanderlust Festival; Yoga is beautiful, happy camper, yogis in class photo by Amy Hart for Wanderlust Festival.