Gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free… but so delicious! This recipe is adopted from Heidi at 101 cookbooks; it has become a go-to recipe when I want something a little bit sweet but still very wholesome. This simple recipe features mashed bananas, oats, coconut, and ground almonds (and perhaps a smidgen of chocolate!) for a great treat for kids of any age.
Banana Chocolate Cookies
1½ cups mashed, very ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup liquid coconut oil
2 cups rolled oats
⅔ cup almond meal/flour (or ground almonds)
⅓ cup shredded coconut
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ – ¾ cup raisins or mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine bananas, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Whisk until smooth, then set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together oats, almond meal, coconut, salt, and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Measure about 2 teaspoons dough and press gently onto baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until tops are golden. Cool on racks.
Yield: About three dozen bite-sized cookies.