I’m excited to announce a series of four cooking classes to set you up for the holiday season. Welcome to the Tiny House Cooking Class series.
As you may know, I’ve been teaching cooking classes for more than a decade, and lately I’ve been teaching classes at my tiny Kaimuki hale. I was inspired by students and friends to teach more frequently, so here we are! Thank you to everyone that’s supported my at-home cooking classes thus far, and those of you that continue to be cheerleaders ☺️
Here’s what we’ll be cooking up this holiday season—I hope you can join me!
To register, message me on Instagram (@VibrantWellness); payment is due upfront to secure your spot via Venmo or PayPal. Each class can hold only about 6-7 people, so if you’re interested please register early! The classes are held at my house: it’s a small space but breezy and open. Proof of vaccination is required, because I want to be a good, safe member of our Oahu community.
Healthy Holiday Recipes, Part 1
[Sunday, Nov 7 at 3PM]
Celebrate the holidays with wholesome, vegan versions of classic holiday recipes.
These recipes can be served all year round, but are especially welcome during the holiday season. This class is not GF-friendly, but the other Holiday recipe class is (please see below). During this class we’ll make all these items and then eat them! Bring containers for leftovers, too! Bonus: if you come to one Holiday recipe class you’ll get the recipes from the other class!
In this class we’ll make:
- My favorite Thanksgiving & Holiday meal: Tofu Pot Pie (with a creamy, decadent chickpea gravy, pictured below)
- Zesty Raw Cranberry Sauce
- Autumn-Inspired Whole Grain Kale Salad with whole grains, cooked and raw veggies
- Pumpkin Muffins with Spiced Crumble: my favorite muffin recipe that can be made with pumpkin or banana
- $40/person (6 people max)
Homemade Sauerkraut & Kim Chi
[Sunday, Nov 14 at 3PM]
This is my flagship course, and one of the MOST REQUESTED! Get your gut health aligned this season with homemade ferments. Making your own fermented food at home is easy, delicious, and deeply nourishing. Learn to make two fermented recipes and one quick pickle recipe to add color and flavor to all your meals. We’ll do a demo of how to make all of these, and then we’ll enjoy the kim chi, sauerkraut, and pickles with some bread, crackers, homemade dips, and kombucha. Please bring jars to take home your own!
In this class:
- You’ll learn why fermented foods are so key to our health & wellness
- Learn how to choose veggies and flavors for unique homemade ferments.
- Learn how to make hot pink herbal sauerkraut, turmeric kim chi, and quick pickles (not fermented).
- Generous samples of each of the ferment along with snacks and kombucha.
- Take home a jar of kim chi or kraut.
- $30/person (only two spots left)
Healthy Holiday Recipes, Part 2
[Sunday, Nov 21 at 3PM]
Add five more delicious vegan recipes to your holiday repertoire. These nourishing, wholesome recipes are great this time of year, for holidays and beyond. During this class we’ll make all these items and then eat them right after class, so bring your appetite and bring containers for leftovers, too! You don’t need to attend the other Holiday recipes class, it’s not a continuation. Bonus: if you come to one Holiday recipe class you’ll get the recipes from the other!
- Easy and rich Roasted Veggie Hummus (plus tips for bulk prep)
- Simple and savory White Bean Stew
- Hearty, bright-colored Quinoa Pilaf
- Raw Brussel’s Sprout Salad
- My favorite Gingerbread Cake with Spiced Ganache Frosting
- This class is gluten-free except for cake.
Homemade Body Care
[Sunday, December 5 @ 3PM]
In addition to food, I love to prepare delicious things for my BODY! Learn more about truly natural body care, and learn to make four easy body care recipes with organic, edible ingredients. Each of these recipes can be customized with scent and packed nicely for gifts, so you can DIY your holiday giving.
In this class:
- You’ll learn why organic/natural body care is essential to skin health
- Find out what ingredients to avoid—and which ingredients to LOVE!
- Learn how to make homemade lip balm, homemade non-toxic deodorant, cinnamon spice body scrub, and easy DIY body wash.
- Take home your own spiced body scrub!
- Get inspired to make your own holiday gifts using these simple recipes.